Looking for an in-depth guide on website redesign cost? This post provides detailed information on website revamp cost and what to consider for redesigning your website.
A website is the most essential asset of your business. It is the initial thing in your inbound marketing strategy that your potential audience explores before making any decision.
To survive in this competitive world of the internet, businesses have to consider website redesign at one point or another.
Hence, the majority of businesses are now considering the importance of inbound marketing and upgrading their website regularly. This includes making their website mobile-friendly, speedy, and efficient.
If you are operating your business via the website, then one question might appear in your mind, how much does it cost to redesign a website?
In general, the cost of website redesign will range between $500 to $50,000 and more. In other words, website redesign costs depend on the quality you need and the amount you are going to invest.
Usually, there are a lot of factors required to determine the cost of the website redesign.
To make your task easy, here we will list all the factors that you should consider as well as different options available for a website redesign.
Essential Factors of Website Revamp Cost
All the below factors will help you to decide the budget of your website:
- Do you want to design a website from scratch, or it’s only a redesign?
- Have you listed out all the requirements and objectives of your website?
- Do you want to integrate a Content Management System or Blog on your website?
- Do you want to integrate video, slideshows, or any other type of multimedia content?
- Do you want a responsive website design?
- Have you created the graphics, style guides, or any other brand elements of the website?
- What is the primary purpose of the website? Do you want to create a simple brochure that provides basic info? Or do you want to build a landing page that helps you to attract potential users and convert them into leads?
- Do you want to include any advanced features such as eCommerce, SEO, payment gateway, or anything like that?
- Are you going to create the content for your website? Or Do you want someone to create content for your website?
- Who is going to maintain your website after it becomes public?
If you want to get an estimate of your website redesign, then you have to define all the above things. If you don’t have a clear picture of things you want to integrate, then you can take help from a professional web development company.
Options You Have for Redesigning Your Website
Whenever you want to redesign your website, you have three options. Firstly, you can develop the site on your own. Secondly, you can choose to hire a freelancer. Last but not least, you can hire a professional agency.
Now, let’s dive deep into all of them:
DIY(Do It Yourself)
This is the cheapest option available if you want to redesign your website. It will cost from around a few hundred dollars to $3,000 or more.
In the last few years, it has become rapid & easy to develop a website of your own. A wide variety of sites are available in the market, which provides you with essential themes if you want to create Content Management Systems such as WordPress or Hubspot.
New startups have a low budget, and they want to experiment first before launching a full-fledged product. For them, WordPress is one of the best ways to build a website. You can check out different WordPress themes on ThemeForest and purchase the one you like under $100.
Before purchasing a theme, you should consider three things: functionality, performance, and efficiency. By doing this, you can access different features of the theme on your own.
Apart from this, you should also check whether the marketplace offers a hosting service. If it provides, then your website will remain updated & secure.
- The most significant advantage of this option is the reduced cost.
- If you have brief knowledge about what it requires to design a website and have enough time, then you can set up a website within a few weeks.
- You have complete freedom to choose the theme and customize the design as when as you want.
- With reduced cost, one major drawback is that you have to invest a lot of time and hassle.
- If you are not a technical person, then you will face issues in developing the pages and organizing the content in such a way that your target audience can navigate and become your recurring visitor.
- If you are not involved in the web designing field, then you will not be familiar with the latest UX trends. Due to this, you will build a website that looks bad or not suitable for current market needs.
- If you want to integrate a payment gateway, then it is a daunting task. This process will consume a lot of your time, and it might be irritating.
Hire a Freelancer
In case you have more resources, then you can choose to go with a freelancer. Nowadays, there are a vast number of websites from which you can hire a freelancer. The website redesign costs of a freelancer will range between $1000 to $5,000 or more based on the project requirement.
The above numbers differ depending on the experience of the freelancer and project specifications. Here, a freelancer charges high if you want to integrate advanced functionality, or there are a lot of pages.
- If you don’t have enough time and skills, then this is a good option.
- A freelance designer will present some ideas, build some mock-ups, and then build the website on the design that you like.
- Most of the time, their response time will be quick as they want to retain their status on the platform.
- The timeline of your website will become longer if the freelancer is focusing on different things like SEO, conversation optimization, and other stuff by themselves.
- If you consider freelancing, then you have to hire different freelancers for various things like SEO, content, etc.
- The majority of times, freelancers provide you with work, as stated by you. Thus, if you have less knowledge about your industry, then you may receive low quality work.
- You should be familiar with skills and certifications before hiring a highly-skilled freelancer.
Hire a Professional Agency
The most effective option is to hire a professional website design agency, as they will be able to deliver you a highly-efficient website that helps to convert your potential audience into buyers.
On developing a website from an agency, you will be able to gain 2x more value as compared to your investment. However, the cost of developing a site from an agency is high.
An average cost of website redesign from an agency will be around from a few thousand dollars to $20,000 or more, depending on the need of the project.
As compared to a freelancer, when you choose to go with an agency, they will help you in every stage of a website redesign, from planning to deployment.
An agency comprises a highly-talented pool of people that you need in website development. They will help you in different aspects of a website redesign; this includes UI/UX design, content, SEO, conversion rate optimization, etc.
In short, an agency will not only deliver you a surreal website but also helps you in marketing it in the best possible manner.
- Agencies are familiar with the latest market requirement, and they consist of essential technology. Hence, they will provide you a website that will work seamlessly on different browsers and offer an engaging user experience.
- They will implement up-to-date SEO strategies using the best SEO tools to help your website rank well in the search engines.
- They have a complete understanding of integrating your website into different marketing and analytics tools.
- As soon as your website gets redesigned, they will work on different things such as social media marketing, email marketing, content marketing, etc. to attract the audience to your website.
You should remain in contact with the agency to provide in-depth knowledge about your requirements.
Standard Process Involved in Website Redesign
If you want to make your website sustain in front of your competitors and give you the expected output, then you need to follow the well-defined process.
First of all, you have to create content for your website. A strategically built website design will support the content. The design is the most crucial aspect of your business, but it is the content that will help to keep users hooked on the website and reach out to you.
After planning the content, the next important thing is to make a list of functionalities that you will require and also consider any kind of social media integrations. Carrying out these things in an early stage will reduce your tasks in later stages of development.
Now, you should closely look after how your customer navigates through the website. This can be achieved with the help of wireframes. Here, you will make a precise layout of your website and try to make it more intuitive and easy-to-use for your target audience.
After this, you will start developing your website design. In this process, you will look after some essential elements like color, fonts, graphics, etc.
In the last phase, you have to combine wire frames, design, and content to develop a fully-fledged website.
Importance of Cost in Website Redesign
Suppose you have hired a salesperson who can provide essential information about your business to potential customers without any restriction of time & place. He doesn’t feel sick, doesn’t want a salary, and works round-the-clock to promote your business.
This salesperson only wants a good investment and timely updates, and it will help to take your business to the next level.
This salesperson is none other than your website.
Inbound marketing is the most essential form of marketing, and your website is the first essential aspect of your business. Therefore, you should never compromise and invest wholeheartedly in your website to gain a respectable position in the market.
Now, you have understood essential factors of a website redesign, options you have for redesign, website redesign process, and the importance of website redesign cost. By considering the above things, you have realized which is the best option for you.
If you have made up your mind to work with an agency, then you can approach Infigic. We, as a professional web development company, know very well all the ins and outs needed in a website redesign. We have an experienced team of professionals who will build the best website as per your business need and goals.